Want a recipe for party food that’s gluten free and as cute as a button? We bet you do! Here’s how to make gluten free Strawberry Santas, easy peasy.
- 10 large strawberries
- 200g cream cheese
- 2 tsp sieved icing sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Poppy seeds, to decorate
- Thoroughly rinse the strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry.
- Remove the top and dig out the inside of the strawberry with a paring knife. Keep the tops as these are used for the Santa hat.
- Add the cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add the cream cheese mix to a piping bag with the corner snipped off. To make the Santa face add the mixture to the top of the base of the strawberry. Then add 2 small buttons to the front.
- Add a small amount of the mixture to the top of the strawberry and place the tops of the strawberries back on. Decorate them with poppy seeds as eyes.