This easy gluten free stuffing combines traditional Christmas flavours. Serve this festive favourite as a side, or toss it into casserole with other leftovers. Each bite provides a burst of cranberry and pecan crunch!
- 400-600g of chopped bite-sized pieces of Udi’s Gluten Free Brown or White Sandwich Bread
- 50g diced celery, onions and carrots
- 25g of cranberries and pecan pieces
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 240ml of vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of dried sage
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Add bacon to a medium heated pan and cook until crispy. Set aside bacon and allow to cool, before chopping into small pieces.
- Sauté the celery, onions and carrots in oil on medium to low heat until the vegetables soften.
- Add the dried cranberries, chopped pecans, chopped bacon, bread, dried herbs, broth, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly for 1-2 minutes in the pan. Remove from heat.
- Place all of the ingredients either in a greased casserole dish or stuff in a turkey. If in a dish, bake covered with foil for 15 minutes at 220 °C and then remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. If using to stuff your turkey, stuff inside the empty turkey cavity for the duration of the cooking time.