Chewy, sweet and not as naughty as you might think. That’s how I’d describe these beautiful little cookie monsters. They contain raisins, which are a fruit, so they also count towards your 5 a day! Hooray for lying to yourself! 😉
- 50g dairy free low-fat margarine, or butter if you like
- 50g caster sugar
- 1tbsp of runny honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp allspice powder
- 50g Dove’s Farm gluten free flour
- 1tsp gluten free baking powder
- 80g gluten free oats
- 50g raisins or sultanas
- Heat oven to 180C/160 C (fan assisted)/gas 4.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix the margarine/butter and sugar together until soft, then beat in the honey. You can use a food processor for this bit, if you’re lazy like me!
- Add the egg and cinnamon powder and mix well
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, oats and raisins and mix together, then add it to the wet mixture.
- Drop heaped dessertspoonfuls of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet. The cookies will spread a little so don’t place them too close together!
- Bake for 12 minutes, until they’re gold as Cinderella’s locks.
- Remove them from the oven, they should be a tiny bit soft to the touch.
- Leave them on the tray for a minute (this lets them settle slightly) before transferring them to a cooling tray to completely cool.
- Serve with a lovely cup of tea, store the leftovers (if there are any) in an airtight container.