Peanut butter is everything. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I could bathe in it. I love it. And these brownies combine the brilliant PB with rich, dark chocolate. It’s a miraculous thing, I’m telling you. They’re easy to make too, in fact you’ve probably already got all the ingredients in the cupboard… you’ve really got no reason not to try these!
- 225g crunchy peanut butter
- 150g good quality dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 280g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs (free range please, take care of the chickens!)
- 100g Dove’s Farm gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- Set aside 50g of the peanut butter. Try not to eat it.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment, or rub it in a little butter.
- Combine the rest of the peanut butter, chocolate and sugar in a pan. Do not be scared of the amount of sugar, it’s being used for good, not evil.
- Gently melt the peanut butter, chocolate and sugar. Stir it occasionally. Turn off the heat when the sugar has just about melted.
- Beat in the eggs one by one.
- Stir in the flour, and when it’s all combined it should look a delicious chocolatey mess, like this:
- Melt your 50g of peanut butter in the microwave on high for 45 secs until runny, then drizzle over the brownie.
- Bake for 35 mins until it forms a crunchy crust, you want the middle still a little uncooked though – for maximum gooeyness!
- At this point you could, if you’re a real chocoholic, melt another 50g of chocolate and drizzle it over your brownies.
- Let the brownies cool in the tin before cutting into squares.