Pancakes. Plump, American style pancakes. With delicious blueberries and absolutely no gluten. What’s not to love?
I tried this recipe last Sunday and it tastes just as good as the gluten-full original, and it’s a little healthier too! Give it a whirl, it’s easy as blueberry pie.
How to make Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes:
For one serving:
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup flour – Dove’s farm gluten free flour worked really well
- 2 tbsp gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp allspice powder – or you could use cinnamon
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar or use sweetener to reduce calories, I’m all for sugar though!
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Combine all ingredients except the blueberries in a food processor. Whizz!
- Add blueberries, give it a little mix
- Pour the batter mix into a hot frying pan, with a little oil
- Cook your pancakes – they’re ready to flip when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake
You can of course go wild and mad with your toppings. You could boil more blueberries, with a bit of sugar, and bash them into pieces to make yourself a nice fresh compote. Or you could add banana and honey and maybe even SPRINKLES! But I think maple syrup, icing sugar and a smattering of extra blueberries is a winning combination. Try it, please, it’s DELICIOUS!