Banana loaf contains fruit, which makes it completely healthy and 100% diet-friendly.
Well, you can tell yourself that anyway. This gluten free version has been adapted from a recipe by Queen of Baking Mary Berry, and works just as well as the original. I cannot stop eating it. Please, someone help me.
Gluten Free Banana Loaf (Recipe adapted from Mary Berry’s Baking Bible)
- 100g Softened Butter – or dairy free alternative
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Ripe Bananas (mashed)
- 225g Gluten Free Flour – Dove’s Farm worked perfectly in this recipe!
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp. Milk – Use Soya/Almond/Anything else if you don’t want dairy
- Handful of raisins or sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 180C / Fan 160C / Gas 4.
- Lightly grease a 2lb loaf tin – you could also line with baking parchment but I didn’t and it worked fine!
- Measure all ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat it well and good, make sure it’s well blended. You could use a food processor if you’re lazy, like me.
- Mix in your sultanas or raisins – or you could use chocolate chips, if you want to make it extra delicious!
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface
- Bake in the pre-heated over for about 1 hour, until well risen and golden brown. A fine skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean if the loaf is ready.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out, peel off the parchment if you’re using it and cool on a nice wire rack.